Monday, October 8, 2007

Blue-Footed Beauty


So... I am back from my trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. The region is truly inspiring and the Ecuadorian people are wonderfully kind and so hospitable. They are on the US dollar there which made life quite easy and even their electricity is the same voltage as in the States.

The Galapagos is an awe-inducing archipelago located about 600 miles from mainland Ecuador. It's amazing to be in a place you have studied in school and that helped form one of the most groundbreaking scientific theories in history.

The main draw of the Galapagos is its wide variety of plants and animals that are endemic to the island chain. The blue-footed boobie seen in these pictures is not exclusive to the Galapagos but they are omnipresent. These gorgeous creatures are noted for their striking, aquamarine webbed feet.

Click on the images to make them larger.

2 comments:

chicca2007 said...

I wish to visit Galapagos some day, but it's quite far from where I am...
I love your works!

Kaveh said...

Great Shots! I love that this bird is basically trying to be Elvis (He might be a little bit cooler though).