Monday, October 22, 2007

Gum For Sale


This little Ecuadorian boy came up to our breakfast table outside a restaurant in Quito as we were eating. He was tiny and had a small, plastic basket hanging around his neck selling equally tiny packets of Trident gum.

Of course we bought some from him, we would have regardless, but there was something that stood out about this little boy. He had a sparkle in his eyes and a lot of personality for a person so small and I wanted to remember him. The funniest part of our interaction was whenever I would take a picture of him (I asked first) with my digital camera, he would lean over to see the instant results. Every time.

2 comments:

Kaveh said...

So your saying he was obsessed with looking at pictures of himself, huh? Now where I have I seen that before...?

Lilli & Nevada said...

That is cute, i think kids in general are always curious about the photos that are taken of them, specially from a stranger.
Sad tho that he is out there having to sell the gum.