Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Raging Inferno


Southern California is ablaze and the world is watching. I took this picture with my cell phone while I was driving on the highway. I didn't have my camera with me so I had to use my last resort. The sun was a bright, Crayola crayon red. I have never in my life seen the sun this color. Since the massive wildfires broke out last weekend across Southern California, the sky looks eerie and yet colorful at the same time. Some places you go, there is an orange glow while in other parts it's a blanket of black. It's disturbing and surreal. The image really doesn't do it justice but at least it's something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ya! Nice blog! It's like I could see Cali myself just by reading how well you described the fire. We are all following the news down here in Brazil. Cheers!

Lilli & Nevada said...

I agree well written and we too are watching the fires here in Bend Or. I think some people from here went there to help fight the fires. Glad to know you are ok.
Just found your blog