Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One fish, Two fish

To follow up yesterday's post... the image I posted was of a Puffer fish! Thanks to all those who guessed either in comments or via email.


The animal is named as such because it puffs up with water or air when it becomes alarmed. This unique looking fish is also known as a blowfish or fugu and is served as a risky delicacy in Japan, China and the U.S. The puffer fish is poisonous and even though in restaurants the poison is removed, there are cases where it still manages to linger and kill people.


There are dozens of varieties of puffer fish worldwide. Oh and yeah, they're sharp! To see the images in more detail, click on them to make them larger.

1 comment:

Kaveh said...

I suppose this is what happens when I forget to check your blog out for a few days. I can't believe I missed out on the guessing game. This fish scares me as much as the deep ocean itself