Friday, August 3, 2007

French Musings








France is a place of great sights, culture and intellect. Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world... it's my "happy place." But many tourists never leave Paris to venture out into the breathtaking natural beauty that is the Loire Valley. It's perhaps best known internationally for its castles but the Loire Valley is also filled with magnificient forests, impressive rivers and picturesque places to hike and bike. I shot the last photo in this posting in the Loire Valley.

The first two photos in this posting I took in Paris. One is of an architect's office near the Eiffel Tower. I found it incredible that an Art Nouveau building such as this would be used for something so banal as someone's office. But the truth of it is, I liked the juxaposition. The second is of a bridge over the Seine. Many of the photos I post on this blog were taken with my digital camera but I shot these images on black and white film. Click on the images if you'd like to see the details.

For my many other France posts, you can click here, here, here, here, here, or here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These photographs have so much emotional weight to them. Really impressive, like a dreamscape.