Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An Outside Perspective

Click on the photograph to make it larger.

The Arenal region of Costa Rica is a popular destination especially for foreigners. Drawn to the area by its active volcano, Arenal is also a place where you can go on some great hikes and sit and unwind in natural hot springs. The hot springs pictures I will not be posting on this blog... those pictures are probably for a different type of blog all together.

But the picture that does make this blog is one I took during a simple hike near the Arenal Volcano. It is of La Fortuna waterfall. I was with several other people, one of whom jumped right into the powerful waters. I'm sad to say I was not as brave but I used the time to go exploring. I walked down and around a bunch of rocks, away from where everyone else was taking pictures and climbed up even more rocks. That's the perspective I tried to capture in this image.

What I loved about being at the waterfall was how lush and green the foliage was, how powerful the force of the water was, how harsh the volcanic rock looked and how seemingly well they all blended together.

For my other Costa Rica post, click here.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Now that one is pretty much amaizing.

Anonymous said...

The most romantic way that you could see force,peace and beauty in the nature all in one place. WOW