Friday, August 17, 2007

The Shades of Texas


I shot these two photographs in Texas during a cross country drive on my way back to California. We had stopped for gas and I just wanted to stretch my legs so I started walking around what was a former RV park . These two huge, red tires caught my eyes because that part of Texas had a great deal of green grass and the occassional tree but I didn't notice many other colors other than various shades of green so I was happy to spot the tires. I have no idea why they were there but when I took the picture, something interesting happened to the image. Click on the above picture to see what I'm talking about because I did not alter the color, it just happened somehow. Maybe it was the blazing Texas sun. If you do click on the image, you'll also be able to see the old RV park sign on the right side of the frame.

Click on the image below as well to see the detail of the tire. The effects of the sun are very visible.


The aging sign of the now-defunct RV park also intrigued me as the fading red looked so alive and so vibrant against the spectacular blue sky that day.




Click on the images to see more details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being an RV Park, they are probably remnants of a long since gone playground; too hard to dig out of the ground!